October 28, 2009

4 weeks old! (plus 2 days)

Little Ms Calleigh is a little over 4 weeks old. And while I'm so happy that my little girl is growing, I'm sad because that means that next week will be my last week all alone with her. And before you ask, yes I do get 6 weeks mat leave but what it really is, is 4 weeks paid short term disability plus my 2 vacation weeks. And since our plant is closing down for a full week from Christmas eve until after the new year then I must save a week of my vacation if I want to be paid for that week in December. And my broke butt needs all the money I can get. So I'm robbing myself of a week with my precious baby to make a weeks pay....is it worth it? No, but I have to do it....Bills must be paid :(

Well I believe I have this parenting thing down. I was scared to death to be a parent when I found out I was pregnant. I've never cared for newborns every much. I don't really like babies until they can tell me what they need/want. I mean, I know what I was getting myself into...but I was still scared. Newborns frightened me. I was so afraid to hold her at the hospital because I thought I'd break her neck or something. But as soon as the nurse put her in my arms I knew exactly how to hold her, how to change her diaper, how to feed her, how to swaddle her, and how to love her. Oh how I love her. I can't imagine my life without her now. And yes that's so cliche but it's the truth.

She's such a good baby. She's doing very good. I don't know how much she weighs now but I do know the little ham eats anywhere between 5 or 6 5oz bottles a day. She naps very good and she is stil sleeping through the night. She slept from 11:15 last night until almost 9:30 ths morning!!

Well I need to be going...she's waking up and is probably hungry. I'll try and post some pics later tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see some new pictures! Glad things are going well sweetie! You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete