My precious baby girl, you are getting so big! I can't believe you're already 2.5 months old! It seems like just yesterday we brought you home. You've taught me so much in the short time you've been here. Yes I've learned how to change a diaper, feed you, entertain you, bathe you, and I pretty much know what you need just by your cry now. But I've also learned that there is no such thing like a bond between a mother and her child. I know how it is to love with all of my heart because of you.
Last night after you fell asleep on my chest I sat there gazing at you. I know I should of gotten up and put you to bed but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's almost a nightly battle to lay you down when you look so peaceful and beautiful. It's the highlight of my night when you finally succumb to those sleepy eyes and you start to drift off...you usually give me this sleepy grin and you close those pretty eyes of yours and you drift off to sleep.
You've also learned so much too little girl. You light our hearts up with your beautiful smile. I know your so close to giggling, I can't wait to hear it! You are very good at holding your head up for long periods of time. That's no surprise there because you've been trying to hold that head of yours up since we were in the hospital. You've discovered your right fist and you like to gnaw on it. You rolled over for the first time on 12/6 and you've done it many many times since then.
I packed away your newborn size clothes last weekend and I'll be giving them to your new cousin that's on her way. It was sad but I kept a few things I couldn't part with. Your growing up too fast my babe. Please slow down so I can take advantage of you being this small because I know it won't last long.
Love you my sweet nugget!
Mommy.
awwwwwwwwww just lovely!
ReplyDeletehere is a great option for when you decide to stop swadding your baby :) the Peke Moe - http://www.pekemoe.co.nz
all the best!