July 13, 2010

Smooches

If I wouldn't have turned the internet off on my phone I would be able to show you the cutest thing eva!!! Calleigh has learned how to make a kissy face! It's so precious. I've been trying to show her how to blow a kiss and normally all she does is laugh at me. But yesterday she put her lips together and pushed them out. I couldn't help myself but steal a kiss and then take a pic and text it to my family and friends.

Calleigh has 7 teeth! Just a week or two ago she only had 4. She has the two on bottom that she's had forever now. She has a small nub poking in on the bottom left, and 4 nubs on top. It's so cute! She tried a hotdog last night and she loved it. I boiled it because microwave dogs are just gross! I cut it up small enough and let her feed herself.

I feel a little behind on the self feeding and solid food thing. So far she's only tried a few things other than baby food. Like mac n cheese, homemade mashed taters, pancakes, white beans, and a few other things I can't think of right now. I've been kind of hesitant to let her eat off of our plates because usually we cook pretty spicy and I always forget to separate a little serving before adding spices. But I will make sure to start doing it now.

From what I've been reading it's time to start weaning from the bottle but I know that's a battle I do not want to have right now. She's so dependent on it for naps and to fall asleep at night. And the few nights when she wakes up during the night she wants a bottle to go back to sleep.

She isn't a fan of the sippy but she likes to drink out of a regular cup. I guess that's one thing I won't have to break a habit of is a sippy but a regular cup is so messy with a 9 month old!

On another Calleigh related note::::her 1st birthday is in 77 days! Yikes! I can't believe it. Darren and I have been discussing her first birthday party and it's going to be fun. Her favorite show to watch is Yo Gabba Gabba and Darren thinks that would be a fun party theme.

My view is that once they're old enough to talk and tell you what they want, they will always pick a cartoon character theme. The first birthday party they won't remember so we could do whatever we want for it. I'm thinking something along the line of lady bugs or butterfly's but honestly I'm not sure yet. I think those are too over done but I'm sure we'll come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment