July 30, 2010

Alma's Visit


Yes that is a picture of Calleigh in the front seat of the truck (GASP!) BUT...we were driving around jungle gardens, getting out and looking at gators, trees, and Buddha temples. I let her sit in the front because were were going all of 2mph and getting in and out. Bash if you want, but that's how we do it down herrrre in the diiiiirrrrty south! Ask Britney Spears y'all!

We had a lot of fun with Alma while she was here. All the waiting and counting down days till she got here was well wroth it! She flew in Thursday and we got home around 7ish that evening. We went and ate dinner at the restaurant that I work at. Went home and played cards and went to bed.

Friday we woke up and had breakfast, went to Avery Island and spent a few hours out there at the Tabasco Plant and Jungle Gardens. The humidity was killing her and I didn't make her suffer long. We only stayed a little while but we got a lot of great pictures and she had fun.

Friday night we went to my stepsons baseball team's bbq. The boys got awards and trophy's. It was nice to see all the families there too. We got to catch up with everyone and they were all nice to the "yankee" ha ha ha

Saturday we spent the day at my parents house and boiled crabs. I was happy she got to spend time with my parents, my brother, and my sista from another mista Amanda! Alma and Amanda met when me and Darren got married. They instantly clicked and they keep in contact on Facebook. We ate yummy Washington Parish watermelon after we had crabs. We got home pretty late and played cards again and stayed up talking.




Sunday Alma, Calleigh, and I went and ate brunch at Ruby Tuesday. Very yummy! Enjoyed having some girl time that we so desperately needed! That evening we hung around the house and Darren made his famous shrimp poppers. We made screwdrivers, ate yummy food, played cards, and enjoyed each others company.





Monday was her last day with us. We woke up really early and made the 2 hour drive to New Orleans to spend the day. We shopped in the French Market, walked around the French Quarter, had hurricanes, ate award winning candy, had crawfish bread, and enjoyed the scenery. We were going to go to Cafe Du Monde but we didn't think hurricanes and beignets mixed too well.





I was so sad to see her leave but I know we'll see her soon. We have air miles that expire in November so we'll be using them before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment