September 15, 2010

Old Songs

Today on Facebook one of my friends from high school was posting old videos from "back in the day". Some of these songs brought back fond memories, some not so fond. It's amazing how something as simple as a song can have you thinking about things and people you haven't thought about in years.

My high school years were great. They could of been better but I wouldn't trade those days for anything. I did exactly what I wanted when I wanted and I think I turned out pretty fine. I made great friends and great memories.

Freshman year was great and scary all at the same time. I had been going to school with my class for 3 years and felt like I knew most of them pretty well. But being thrown into high school I made new friends from different grades. It was awesome. I had 4 classes each semester and was pretty stoked I only had to worry about 4 classes of homework. I had 4 of my favorite teachers this year. They were awesome and remained to be my favorite even into my senior year.

Sophomore year was more relaxed but still scary. Honestly I think every year was scary because I was closer and closer to being thrown into the real world. I still had a pretty close group of friends. Even though I had more acquaintances but my close friends remained my close friends. I started working in January of my sophomore year and I started driving too.

Junior year was awesome. Can't really explain much more. I had fun classes, fun teachers, and fun times....lots of them!

Senior year was awesome and bad all at the same time. I thought I was grown and moved out. Moved in with some awesome roomies and partied hard. A little too hard at times but it was still memorable. I almost failed from missing too much school and being tardy. I missed almost a whole week for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Yeah it was that serious but out of all 4 years my senior year was my favorite by far. Some of my best memories are from this year and wow is all I have to say.

I'll have to see if I can dig some of my pictures out and scan them. Just to see some of these pics would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment