October 22, 2010

So over October

I love this time of year. October brings hope of cooler weather (when I say cooler I mean anything less than 90) , it brings hopes of holidays, and family time. But this year October has been nothing but bad news.

First things first on October 1st, our dear friend Randy was hit by a van as he was walking down the street. He is in a coma, has had his leg amputated, and has a trachea in his throat so he can breath. This is heart breaking. I've known Randy for 5 years but Darren has grown up with him. I couldn't imagine what I'd do if I was in Darren's place.

On October 3rd we get a call that Darren's grandmother passed away in her sleep. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday of this week are spent in Baton Rouge for the planning, the wake, and the funeral. Darren's grandpa isn't taking this so well. He wouldn't eat or drink for a week and is just now starting to eat small amounts of food.

On October 4th I get a call from my bff Amanda that our mutal friend's fiancee hung himself. The mutual friend found him. Again...I couldn't imagine what I'd do if I was in her place.

Darren leaves to go to Mississippi on October 18th.

I get in a car wreck on October 21st. My car is towed, I'm issued a ticket, and now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do about all this wreck stuff.

Also my bff Amanda found out she was pregnant on the 20th and today she found out through blood work that her levels dropped and she is miscarrying the baby. She is devastated.

This month needs to hurry and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment