I was talking to my stepmom Friday afternoon and she had asked me what traditions we were going to start. So far our holidays have pretty much been hectic. For Thanksgiving, we used to drive 2 hours to do it with my family. Last year it was our first Thanksgiving in our new house so we did our own dinner and invited friends over. It turned into more of a party than anything though because we didn't have the kiddos. This year I'm sure we'll stay around the house again but I honestly don't know.
For Christmas we used to stay at my parents house for Christmas eve and then get up and do Christmas morning with them and head to DH's parents house, then head off to go meet up with the kids mom to either get them or give them to her. Last Christmas, we did it at our house and DH's parents stayed with us Christmas eve and Christmas day and we did Santa and left to go to my parents and grandmothers house.
This year I'm still not sure what were going to do but we'll figure it out.
Anyway...my stepmom suggested that they come to us for Christmas next year and the years following to start our own SET Christmas tradition. Where there would be no variation and we'd know exactly what was happening. Their thing is, they'd rather see KK on Christmas morning and enjoy that. This year she won't know whats going on at Christmas so it won't be the same as next year or any of the following years.
It kinda makes me feel like an adult to have our own traditions and I can't wait to actually have it figured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment